4G Broadband Radar
The 4G Broadband Radar innovation delivers superior target detection and viewing separation.
The Lowrance® Broadband 4G radar uses high-efficiency, low emission solid-state technology for exclusive beam sharpening and advanced clutter rejection. The 4G Radar boasts 50-percent more range than the Broadband 3G Radar and twice the target identifiers. Lowrance Broadband 4G Radar can detect targets as close as six feet by eliminating the large main bang dead zone commonly found when using traditional magnetron or HD radar technology. This short-range performance is exclusive to Lowrance Broadband Radar.
- Beam Sharpening*: The worlds first and only dome radar with beam sharpening, get target separation as good as a 3.5ft. open array radar. *not user adjustable on HDS
- Improved Range:See targets up to 32nm away, and large storm cells at more than 17nm away.
- Instant On™: Solid-state technology produces an immediate, accurate on-screen image, without the lengthy warm-up delay of magnetron pulse radars.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for boats of any size – sail, cruise or fish.
- Automatic Clarity: Proven automatic harbor/marina and offshore modes.
- MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets. Requires a heading sensor.*
- Radar/Chart Overlay: Merges radar with cartography in a detail-rich display.*
- Crystal-Clear Image: Fantastic for tight maneuvers in marinas or in conditions of limited visibility.
- Quick Installation: No reason to open the dome, no tune or zero-mile adjustment, and no radar-licensed technician required.
- Safe: Extremely Low Emissions. Safer than any other radar currently on the market and emitting less radiation than a mobile phone so it can be mounted anywhere.
- High-Speed Mode: Select 36RPM for almost instant updating at than 1nm.
- Dual Guard Zones: Protect yourself from more angles.
- Ethernet Ports
- RI-10 1 x 100 Mbit 5 pin yellow
- N2K PG Ns
- 127250 - Vessel Heading, 127251 - Rate of Turn, 129025 - Position, Rapid Update, 129026 - COG & SOG, Rapid Update, 129029 - GNSS Position Data, 130818 - Proprietary
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- RI-10, 1 x NMEA 2000 SimNet, 1 LEN
- PC Connectivity
- Via BBPC SDK
- Approvals Compliance
- CE, FCC (ID: RAY3G4G), IC: 4697A-3G4G
- Power Consumption typical
- Operating: 20W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc (21W in dual range mode) Standby: 2.9W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc ~ 170mA
- Supply Voltage
- 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems)
- +35° C (95° F), 95% RH
- Operating Temperature Range
- Operating Temperature: -25° to +55°C (-13° to +130°F)
- Compass Safe
- 0.7 m (2.3 ft) Min
- Dimensions W x H x D
- 489 mm x 280 mm (19.3" x 11”)
- Mounting Type
- Bolts 4 x M8x30 - 304 stainless steel
- 7.4 kg (16.31 lbs)
- Beam width
- 5.2° +/- 10% (-3dB width)
- Max Range, scale
- 36 nm
- Max Wind Speed
- 100 knots
- Min Range, scale
- 50 m (200 ft)
- Radar Modes
- Head Up, North Up
- Radar Technology
- Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW)
- Rotation speed
- 24/36/48 rpm +/-10% (mode and MFD dependent)
- Sart Racon
- See Radar Controller
- Warranty Period
- 2 years