- Information Collection. The information described in this Section 1 is collected by Company through the Service. By using the Service, you expressly agree to the collection and use of the information described below.
- Information We Directly Collect From You: We collect the following types of personal information (collectively, "Personal Information") that you voluntarily provide to Company through your use of the Service:
- Personal Identifiers. A "Personal Identifier" is information that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person and includes, but is not limited to, name, postal address, telephone number, or email address.
- Other Personal Information. "Other Personal Information" is information combined with Personal Identifiers that may include your country of residence, demographic information (for example, gender or age), purchases made through the Site, credit card information or purchase history, correspondence sent to us through the Service or information regarding your tastes and preferences. In addition, if you register with the Service, you will be required to create a unique user ID and password which will be associated with your Personal Identifiers.
- How We Directly Collect Personal Information: There are a number of different ways that we collect Personal Information from you. These may include:
- Communications From You. When you email or write to us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other Personal Information as part of your message.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with Personal Information when you telephone or email us to request technical assistance with our products or information that you would like to receive about our products.
- Email/Direct Mail Campaigns That You Approve. If you elect to receive our online newsletters or other promotional email communications, from time to time we may contact you with information about new products, promotions or special offers. If you want to stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, contact us or, if you have an account with us, change your preferences by signing into your account through the Service.
- Registration of Products. If you register a Navico product, you may be asked to provide information that we will use to record you as an owner of a Navico product and to assist us in providing you with product specific accessories, services and information.
- Purchases. If you wish to purchase Navico products through the Service, we will require sufficient information to complete your purchase including your credit card information.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct surveys in respect of our products and services. Participation in our surveys is optional. However, if you respond to one of our surveys, we may ask you for information such as what type of boat you own, what your experience is with marine electronics, whether you prefer saltwater or freshwater boating and about other preferences that you might have. We will use this information to operate and improve the Service and to determine the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer: We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you using "session cookies." Session cookies are small amounts of data that are temporarily stored within your computer, TV, mobile phone or other devices Internet browser while accessing our Site. Cookies enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions.
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the duration of your visit and search query terms you enter
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your device and connection information such as your browser type and version, browser language, operating system and platform; and/or
- your purchase history.
- Social Media Plug-Ins
If you do not provide us with the information, we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services we offer through the Service.
Information collected by session cookies may include, without limitation:
We will use data gathered using session cookies to help us improve your experience of the Service. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. You can also purchase and download software that will allow you to visit the Service without providing the information gathered by cookies. You are welcome to use the Service if you use such software, but your experience while visiting or using the Service may not be optimal.
Our Services make use of social network plugins ("Plugins"). When you use a Service that contains Plugins, information may be directly transferred from your device to the operator of the social network. We have no influence on the data gathered by the Plugin. If you are logged into the social network, your use of our Service can be referenced to your social network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking "Like", "Follow" or "Share", or enter a comment, the information may automatically show in your social network profile. Even if you are not logged into your social network account, it may be possible that the Plugins transmit your IP address to the social network operators. Please consider this when using our Services.
For information about the social network operators of the Plugins used in our Services ("Operators") please see below:
Operators of Plugins used in our Services: If you are a member of one or more of the following social networks and do not want the Operator to connect the data concerning your use of our Services with your member data already stored by the Operator, please log off the social network before using our Services.
- Other Information That You May Choose To Provide: The following is information you may choose to provide to Company in connection with your use of the Service. The information listed in this Section 2 will be collected by Company, unless you affirmatively Opt-out (the procedure to Opt-out is described below in Section 8).
- Sonar Logs
- Vessel data, including vessel location, vessel tracking history, vessel alarm notices, engine running data and engine alert data
- Digital photographs that you upload, post, create, use or access through the Service
- Product reviews you post on the Service – Any review that you post may be viewed by other users of the Service. If you elect to post a review we recommend that you do not post any Personal Information or other information that you do not want to make publicly available. You are solely responsible for any loss of privacy or other harm resulting from the content you post on the Service.
- If you order a product or paid service from us, we may ask for your name, contact information, shipping and billing address(es), and credit card information in order to process your order
- Additional information may be collected by the Service as Company updates and releases new products and services or as you elect to use such products and services.
- This list is not exhaustive. If you have questions or concerns about Company's collection or use of any information or data belonging to you or that may be generated through your use of the Service, please contact us.
We may also provide social media features through the Service that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on various social media platforms. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those platforms. Navico does not adopt, approve, endorse, review or enforce any privacy policies or settings of the social media platforms that may be used.
We understand your information is valuable to you, and we respect the privacy of your information. This includes your right to choose how your information is used and shared and to control the privacy of your information. For more information on how we protect your information and your rights regarding your information, please contact us.
B. Payment Card Companies: If you place an order through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted to your payment card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
C. Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us or sending us a letter at: Navico, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 4500 S. 129th E. Ave., Ste. 200, Tulsa, OK, 74134-5885, USA, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
You may also request information about how, where and why we collect and use your Personal Information, including information about how we share your Personal Information with third parties, by contacting us.
Navico Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland (Navico Inc.'s Safe Harbor Policy). Navico Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. Learn more about the Safe Harbor program.