Table of Contents
- Who we are
- Information we have about you
- Why we need your Personal Information
- How we use your Personal Information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Transfers of personal information outside the European Economic Area
- How long we keep your Personal Information
- Sale of Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Contact us
Who we are
We are the Navico Group, a Group of Company owned by Navico Holding AS. The Navico Group, as the manufacturer, provider and marketer of Lowrance, Simrad, B&G and C-MAP recreational products, believes that putting trust, transparency and control at the heart of our customer and consumer experiences is key to being a leading player in our industry.
Navico Marine Electronics S.L (“Navico, we, us, our”) is the data controller responsible for protecting the personal information we hold about you. It may, from time-to-time, act as co-controller with other Navico Legal Entities listed below.
- Navico Holding AS
- Navico Inc.
- Navico Auckland Ltd
- Navico UK Limited
We will keep your personal information safe and secure and we will not misuse it. We appreciate that your personal information belongs to you even if it has been shared with others. This privacy notice explains what we do with your personal information so you understand how we use it. It also tells you what your legal rights are in relation to it and how you can exercise them so that you are always in control of your personal information.
Information we have about you
We have personal information about you that you have given us; personal information that we collect from the following sources:
- Directly from your when you create an account, subscribe to our newsletter, use our apps or register your product information
Personal information you give us on our websites:
- When creating your account on our Website or App:
- Basic Personal Information: Name, Last Name, Date of Birth
- Navico Account Number and Login Data
- Contact Information: Email Address, Phone Number, Address
- When ordering products from Navico:
- Order Details: Name, Phone Number, Delivery Address, Billing Address, Product Details, Payment Type, Email Address
Please note that Navico does not collect or process your payment data provided for the purchase of products on our website and apps directly. Your payment data is handled by our certified payment service providers.
- When registering your products for use or warranty processing purpose:
- Name, Address, Phone, Email Address
- Product Details, Product Registration
- When you subscribe to our newsletter and marketing communication on our website
- Email Address which may then be matched with your Navico Account or orders submitted using the same email address.
Personal Information we may collect from our Websites and Apps using Cookies:
- When you consult our Website:
- Analytics information such as onsite events including pageviews, clicks, cart content, traffic sources, heatmaps session records, comments, UX ratings - depending on the Cookies you accepted.
Personal Information we obtain from our Apps:
We may collect other information about you from other channels such as our apps for the purpose of administering our services. Please note that your basic Personal Information, Navico Account Number and Login Data, Contact Information, Order Details, and Product Details, as well as some Analytics information are collected and processed by Navico if they are provided through our Website or our Apps. Personal Data and consents given through our Apps for marketing purpose will be treated as per this Privacy Notice.
Please read our Apps Privacy Notice for more information about the information we collect and process from our Apps.
Why we need your personal information
We need certain types of personal information from you so that you can buy our goods and/or use our services and we can make sure we process your orders correctly.
We notably need to process the following type of information:
- Your Name, Delivery Address and Contact details to make sure we can process your order and your warranty registration
- Your Transaction Data and Product Details to make sure we can provide support services and software updates
- Your Subscription Type in case you use the services available on our apps, to make sure we provide you with the relevant type of services
- Your Email Address
- Your Country location to make sure you are located in a country we can provide service to.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information only to the extent that is necessary to operate our business. The law allows us to use personal information as long as we tell you what we are using it for and we have a valid legal basis for doing so.
You will find the relevant legal basis for the processing of each piece of personal information you provide to us below:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- To maintain your account with us
- To provide you with the services your purchased from us
- To process, administer and deliver your order and to provide you with updates about your order status
When it is in our legitimate interests (i.e. we have a business or commercial reason which we do not prioritize above your rights)
- To verify and process your warranty registration and claims. We have a legitimate interest in verifying that warranty claims submitted to us are legitimate
- To verify your location and identity, and ensure we are not selling to persons listed on trade sanction lists or located in embargoed countries
- To sufficiently verify your identity and treat potential subject access requests
- To provide you with information regarding the products you purchased, such as availability of new features, software and updates
Where we have your consent
- To provide you with marketing information about our products and services
- To provide you with targeted advertising and special offers, based on the products you purchased or showed interest to when browsing our website and apps
- To analyze how you use our website, apps, products and services
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link placed at the bottom of the email. You can also notify us to change your marketing communication preferences using the Contact Us form on the website or reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by us using your consent before such withdrawal.
When we are under a legal duty
- To allow us to comply with our legal, accounting, regulatory and tax obligations
- To establish, defend or exercise our legal rights
Who we share your personal information with
We will only share your personal information with other organizations after careful consideration and only when we have a legitimate reason.
We may share your personal information with:
- The Navico co-controlling entity based on your geographical location:
- Navico UK and Navico Marine Electronic S.L for EMEA
- Navico Inc. for America
- Navico Auckland Inc. for Asia
- Other Navico entities for the purpose of providing local marketing content and offers from time to time
- Our service providers, suppliers, partners and subcontractors where this is necessary to provide our services to you
- Any prospective buyer of all or part of our business or assets (and associated advisors and agents)
Transfers of personal information outside the European Economic Area
All EEA countries (the EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) provide an adequate level of data protection allowing free transfer of personal information to any of those countries. We only transfer your personal information to countries outside of the EEA when it is necessary (for example where it is stored on servers based in a non-EEA country) and only if your personal information will benefit from the same protection as in the UK or EEA.
We protect your personal information that we transfer out of the EEA to other countries by ensuring that the organization to which personal information is transferred:
- Is in a country which the European Commission deems to provide an ‘adequate’ level of data protection
- Has entered into a contract with us which incorporates the European Commission’s Model Clauses
- Is one of our group companies and we have signed an Intercompany Data Protection Agreement that integrates the European Commission’s Model Clauses. We only transfer your personal data to our company responsible for customers in your region:
- Navico Marine Electronics SL (Spain) and Navico UK Ltd. (UK) acting as co-controllers for personal data of data subjects based in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (including the EEA)
- Navico Marine Electronics SL (Spain) and Navico Inc. (USA – Oklahoma) acting as co-controllers for personal data of data subjects based in South and North America
- Navico Marine Electronics SL (Spain) and Navico Auckland Limited acting a co-controllers for personal data of data subjects based in Asia and Oceania
How long we keep your Personal Information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it to carry out the different activities set out above. These periods are different depending on the nature of the activity. We also keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and to defend or exercise any legal claims.
- We keep your personal data collected for marketing purpose upon receipt of your consent for 3 years from the date of providing your consent
- We keep your personal data collected from any ecommerce transaction for 7 years
- We keep your personal data collected for legitimate interest, accounting and auditing for 7 years
As soon as there is no longer any need for us to hold your personal information, we will delete it or, in some cases, anonymize it so you can no longer be identified from it.
Sale of Personal Data
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information with any third parties for commercial purpose. Your Personal Information is only shared with third parties as described in this notice and for the purposes mentioned above.
You can exercise your rights at any time by emailing us at DPO@navico.com. We will verify your identity before we deal with your request so your personal information is protected against unauthorized access.
You may also request that we provide you with a list of our third party partners, with whom we share your data for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice, if you submit a legitimate request for information.
To opt-out of marketing communications
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to unsubscribe, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link placed at the bottom of the email. You can also notify us to change your marketing communication preferences using the Contact Us form on the website or by emailing us at email@example.com.
To know what personal information we have collected and request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
To ask us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you
To ask us to delete any personal information we hold about you
You have this right in certain circumstances only. For example, it does not apply if we need to use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
To ask us to restrict our use of your personal information
You have this right in certain circumstances, for example where you have objected to our use of your personal information and we are considering whether our legitimate interests override yours. This is often a temporary measure and we are still allowed to store your information while we are restricted from using it.
To ask us to transfer your personal information to you or another organization
This right is also known as the right to data portability. It is your right to have your personal information ported to you or a nominated third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
This right applies only to information which we have collected from you and which we process using automated means. You have this right only where we are using your personal information with your consent or to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (see: How we use your personal information).
To object to our use of your personal information
You have this right only in relation to our use of your personal information on the ground of legitimate interests (see How we use your personal information).
Not to be subject to discriminatory treatment.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the relevant privacy regulations, including, notably, the CCPA, subject to certain limitations.
Changes to our privacy notice
Our Privacy Notice will be revised regularly to ensure that we provide you with the most updated information with regards to the way your data are collected and processed. In any case, we shall review this Privacy Notice at least every twelve (12) months and amend it where necessary.
Any changes we make to this policy will be posted on this page. Where the changes are significant, we will let you know by email or in another appropriate manner such as when you next interact with our website.
If we believe that the changes materially affect the way we process data that we collect based on your consent, we may elect to either inform you and offer you a way to withdraw your consent by email or ask you to give your consent again.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link placed at the bottom of the email. You can also notify us to change your marketing communication preferences using the Contact Us form on the website or reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We really do welcome any questions, comments or requests you may have regarding this privacy notice. You can email us at DPO@Navico.com or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Navico Marine Electronics S.L.,
Muelle Levante, 6 Módulo 14, Local 1, 03001 Alicante,
Please also use these contact details if you have any complaints about the way we have used your personal information.
If we do not deal with your complaint satisfactorily and within a reasonable timeframe, you have the right to complain to the Spanish Data Protection Authority.