The Lowrance® version 4.5 software upgrade for HDS Gen3 displays includes game-changing improvements to Surface Clarity, Live Network Sonar, Navionics® SonarChart™ Live, Navionics Plotter Sync, Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting (not available in US), and NMEA 2000® entertainment enhancements.
Surface Clarity Improvements
- Surface Clarity functionality has been significantly enhanced to remove surface clutter without affecting fish targets near the surface. With this update, Surface Clarity reveals fish hidden in the surface clutter rather than filtering all returns near the surface, which at times, would reduce the usefulness of the top portion of the water column. That makes a huge difference for anglers fishing shallow water, or the top half of the water column, allowing them to remove clutter caused by suspended sediment, wave action and other disturbances, without affecting fish targets. In addition, the new update gives anglers more fine-tuned control over the level of surface clutter filtration by increasing the discernibility between the levels of Surface Clarity.
Live Network Sonar
- Live Network Sonar allows HDS Gen3 users to view and control two independent, live sonar sources from a single display. The capability to use one display to control sonar and monitor fish activity at two locations — like the front and the back of the boat — gives anglers the advantage of full control of a complete view of the underwater activity beneath their boat. Previously, the only way to monitor sonar returns from two separate locations was on separate displays, or by alternating networked sonar sources on a single display.
- SonarChart Live gives anglers the capability to create 1’ (.5m) HD bathymetric maps – in real time — on HDS Gen3 displays. Maps are created by converting sonar returns into detailed contour maps as you navigate. Ideal for anglers fishing a new location, SonarChart Live helps raises awareness of shallow areas and reveals uncharted bottom features and areas where fish like to hide, like holes and drop offs. SonarChart Live requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart updates subscription.
Dock-to-Dock Autorouting (Not available in the US)
- Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting (not available on units built for sale in the U.S. or on any unit used in U.S. territorial waters) creates intelligent, detailed routes for navigating through cramped, narrow passageways and channels. The sophisticated Navionics algorithm factors in data from Nautical Chart and SonarChart, like chart data, navigation aids and water depth to display the suggested route. Dock-to-dock Autorouting requires a Navionics card with an active chart updates subscription.
Navionics® Plotter Sync
- With Navionics Plotter Sync, anglers can easily download the latest Navionics chart data and transfer waypoints and routes between the Navionics app and a Navionics card via the wireless connectivity of HDS Gen3 displays. Additionally, waypoints and routes can be imported from the Navionics card to the HDS Gen3 waypoints/routes/trails database. Plotter Sync requires a subscription to the Navionics app and a Navionics mapping card with an active daily updates subscription.
NMEA 2000® Entertainment/Audio Enhancements
- New software enhancements to HDS Gen3 displays enable them to work directly with all third-party audio equipment that conforms to the NMEA 2000® Marine Entertainment/Audio Protocol, including select equipment from audio partners, JL Audio®, Infinity® and Polk® — with more to come. Full functionality may require a software update from your radio manufacturer. For more information on software availability, refer to your radio manufacturer's website.
Upgrade Instructions (32Gb card maximum)