The HDS 4.1 software upgrade is recommended for all HDS displays worldwide.
For a complete list of enhancements, click here to download the HDS 4.1 release notes.
Copy the update to your SD/MMC card
- Make sure the SD/MMC card reader is properly connected to your computer (and, if necessary, that the drivers are installed).
- Insert a blank SD/MMC card that is 512MB or larger into the SD/MMC card reader.
- Choose your operating system:
|Click on the link below, unzip the .zip file and copy only the Sims folder, update.conf, and
HDS-184.108.40.206.upd file to your SD/MMC card.
HDS 4.1 is a 199 MB file and will take a while to download. Please be patient.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to transfer the HDS 4.1 software files to your SD/MMC card.
Installing the update on all HDS units, except HDS-5x (See below for HDS 5x installation instructions)
- Turn your Lowrance HDS unit off.
- Place the SD/MMC card containing the updated operating software in the unit's SD/MMC card tray.
- Turn your HDS unit on. The software update will automatically install.
- After the install is complete, remove the SD/MMC card from the unit, and restart the unit.
How to see if your HDS is already using version 4.1:
- From a chart or sonar page, press the MENU key twice to activate the Settings menu.
- Select SYSTEM.
- Select ABOUT from the SYSTEM menu.
- The software version is displayed with the title "Application" and 220.127.116.11.
- If your Application is the same as listed in step 4 above, there is no need to download the software.
PC users Detailed Instructions
Mac OS X users need to copy only the Sims folder, update.conf, and HDS-18.104.22.168.upd file to their SD/MMC card.
What changes are made in this update?
HDS 4.1 includes many new features including:
- Sonar Performance – Improvements include better bottom tracking at high speeds, enhanced deep water depth tracking (greater than 1,000 feet), and shortened lock on time for trolling motor mounted transducers.
- Charting Enhancements – Quick access mapping selection is now available with Lowrance/Navionics chart toggle under Chart Options or soft key accessible on HDS-8 and HDS-10. Also, users can now display points of interest supplied by the Navionics User Community.
- Fixes– Updates include accurate distance measurement between vessel and active cursor as vessel moves, correct altitude overlay for altitudes greater than 9,999 feet, and EP-60R fuel flow sensor corrections.