The new 3.6 software update for Lowrance Elite-5 DSI, Elite-5, Elite-5m and Elite-5m Baja is now available. Follow the steps below to update your unit.
Copy the update to your microSD card
Installing the update on your Elite unit:
- Make sure the microSD card reader is properly connected to your computer (and, if necessary, that the drivers are installed).
- Insert a blank microSD card that is no larger than 2GB into the microSD card reader.
- Transfer the Elite 3.6 software files to your microSD card.
|Elite-5 (.zip file)
You will be prompted to Open or Save:
- Open will show the files contained in the download, you can copy these directly to your microSD card.
- Select both files by holding the Shift key and clicking on both of them.
(BigBirdColorMS_v360t.bin and 2412_4.ldr)
- Now right click with the mouse and select Copy
- Select your microSD from My Computer
- Paste the files to your microSD card by right clicking and selecting paste.
- Selecting save will download the .zip folder to your computer to the folder of your choice.
- Once you have downloaded the file you will need to extract the .zip folder to access the files inside.
- Once unzipped you can copy the files (as mentioned above) on to your microSD card.
Elite 3.6 is a 4 MB file and may take a while to download. Please be patient.
How to see which version you are running:
- Turn your Elite unit off.
- Place the microSD card containing the updated operating software in the unit's microSD card tray.
- Turn your Elite unit on. The software update will automatically install.
- After the install is complete, remove the microSD card from the unit.
- Press Menu twice.
- Select System.
- Select About.
- Version is displayed directly under the model name.
What changes are made in this update?
- Added Trip Calculator: The user now has access to a trip calculator page that displays Speed, Average speed, Max speed, Trip time, and Trip distance. This new page can be accessed via the System menu.
- Added data overlay options:
- Trip calculator overlays
- Average Speed
- Trip Distance
- Max Speed
- Trip Time
- Date (no year)
- Time (no seconds)
- Improved access to features while in Ice mode:
- Moved Ice mode from the Sonar options menu to the Fishing Modes menu, this gives the user quicker access to enable this feature.
- Added main sonar adjustment options to the onscreen adjust menu.
- Sensitivity/Colorline/Noise rejection/Surface clarity/Ping speed
- Added support for the new Lowrance Lake Insight PRO™ and Nautic Insight PRO™ mapping
- Added Turkish Language support
- General software and performance improvements