July 10, 2013
Announcing Our New Elite-5 Hybrid Dual Imaging™ Models
Lowrance is pleased to launch the Elite-5 HDI (Hybrid Dual Imaging™) series. The product lineup includes three new models: the Elite-5 HDI Fishfinder/Chartplotter, the Elite-5x HDI Fishfinder and the Elite-5m HD Chartplotter.
Elite-5 HDI Series Features
- Hybrid Dual Imaging™ (HDI) – The power of two award-winning technologies -- Broadband Sounder™ PLUS Exclusive DownScan Imaging™ -- combined to provide the best possible view of the water column and everything in it.
- Broadband Sounder™ – Built-in to the new Lowrance HDI Skimmer® transducer design, Broadband Sounder™ technology is ideal for marking fish arches and tracking lure action.
- DownScan Imaging™ – Delivers easy-to-understand, picture-like views of structure and bottom detail.
- Advanced Signal Processing™ – Automatically see fish, structure and bottom detail more clearly thanks to Lowrance’s exclusive Advanced Signal Processing (ASP) that reduces the need to manually adjust settings.
- Reliable Navigation That’s Easy To Use – Highly accurate, built-in GPS antenna plus a detailed U.S. map with more than 3,000 lakes and rivers, as well as coastal contours to 1,000 ft. A micro SD card can also be used to display Lake Insight™ and Nautic Insight™ HD and PRO cartography, as well as Navionics® Gold, HotMaps® Premium, Fishing Hotspots® PRO and Jeppesen C-Map Max-N charts.
- Create your own map from real sonar data that you record with Insight Genesis™ – Allows users to upload recorded sonar logs to our online map creation service to make their own custom, high-resolution contour, bottom hardness and vegetation maps.
- Elite-5 Color Display – Lowrance-exclusive, high-resolution, 5-inch, color display provides brilliant visibility and viewing detail in all conditions
- Trackback™ – Easily scroll back through sonar history to review and zoom-in for a closer look at bottom structure, baitfish and game fish. Save a waypoint on chartplotter models to quickly find that location again, eliminating the need to circle back and retrace a path.
- DownScan Imaging Overlay – Exclusive technology overlays DownScan Imaging™ onto Broadband Sounder™ display for one stunning view that separates and clearly exposes fish targets from surrounding structure. Overlay transparency and color palettes are fully adjustable.
- All-New, Page Selector – An easier-to-use menu system with quick access to all features using one-thumb operation.
- Multi-Window Displays – Choose from as many as eight preset page layouts, including up to three panels in split-screen mode to view chart, Broadband Sounder™ and DownScan Imaging™ -- all on one screen simultaneously. The Multi-Window feature can be accessed while viewing live sonar and charting.
- Supported by Lowrance Advantage Service program and limited one-year warranty.
HDI Transducer Options for Fishfinder Models
- Broadband Sounder (83/200 kHz) plus DownScan Imaging (455/800 kHz) for depths to 1,000 feet.
- Broadband Sounder (50/200 kHz) plus DownScan Imaging (455/800 kHz) for depths to 2,500 feet.
- DSI signal features a maximum depth capability of 300 feet. Elite-5 HDI also works with traditional 83/200 kHz and 50/200 kHz Skimmer® transom-mount transducers. All AIRMAR® transducers used with HDS are also compatible with Elite-5 HDI.