Recommended for all HDS Gen2 Touch displays worldwide, this update provides support for new Lowrance technology and includes performance improvements and enhanced functionality.
HDS Gen2 Touch Version 3.0 updated features:
- AutoRouting for Navionics* – Platinum, Navionics+ and Navionics Updates Chart users can automatically create the shortest safe route based on selected start and end points using calculations based upon vessel settings and available chart data
- Easy Routing for Jeppesen* – CMAP MAX-N+ users can now automatically create the shortest safe route based on selected start and end points using calculations based upon vessel settings and available chart data – routes are shown in varying green, yellow and red colors to show the safest route, potentially dangerous, and potentially unsafe options, respectively.
- Dynamic Tides and Currents for Jeppesen – CMAP MAX-N+ charts now display a graphical representation of current conditions when the chart is zoomed in beyond the 1NM scale. Standard current icons have been replaced by color-coded arrows indicating the direction and speed of the current; selecting an arrow will open the modified currents page for expanded Ebb and Flood.
- Chart Selection Menu Update – new selection menu lists available for Navionics, Lowrance, CMAP MAX-N+ and other 3rd party mapping options by name.
- HDS 3.0 software also adds new demonstration and simulator features for the retail environment.
*NOTE: HDS units designed for sale in the Americas region will not have Autorouting or Easy Routing capabilities. These features are disabled on all non-Americas units when used in US territorial waters.
New Demo/Simulator Features:
Downloading and installing the new demo/simulator is optional, when downloading the 3.0 HDS feature software.
- Updated Slide Show – Demo mode includes an updated slide show highlighting the latest features and functionality of the HDS Gen2 Touch and HDS Gen2 series
- User Setting Storage – HDS will now store user settings that are made before demo mode is activated and revert to them while demo mode is active
- StructureScan/SpotlightScan Toggle – HDS now allows for toggle between StructureScan® HD source and SpotlightScan™ source from the Structure menu in demo mode